Material handling equipment can mean the difference between efficiency and disaster when dealing with material. Vertical lifts are cost-effective and versatile. Furthermore, vertical lifts provide more useful functions than similar lifts. See why scissor lifts are so effective in material handling, and how they can benefit your business.
Basically, scissor lifts have a criss-crossed foundation that extends into a platform for lifting people up. One operator can operate these platforms, which are a subtype of aerial work platforms. While they are available in a range of sizes and shapes, all of them offer the same benefits.
- Access Heights and Hard-to-Reach Spots – With some lifts going as high as 32 feet, your workers will have access to places they otherwise wouldn’t be able to reach. Total weight goes hand-in-hand with height and carrying capacity. A heavier lift can extend to a higher height and can carry more weight, so the heavier it is, the higher it can go.
- User-Friendly – Operation of these lifts is particularly straightforward. The controls are straightforward and literally foolproof, reducing operator fatigue. Furthermore, operator training can be completed within a couple of days, so there is minimal downtime with this tool.
- Compact Units – A scissor lift is unquestionably the most compact type of aerial work platform you’ll ever see. It is especially important for cramped spaces like event spaces or tightly packed storage facilities where stacked crates restrict height access. Scissor lifts are among the most compact aerial work platforms because they do not take up much floor space. These lifts are easy to store due to their very small footprint, which is virtually equal to the size of the platform.
- Easy to customize – Your lift might have to be customized to fit your business requirements depending on your industry. There are many options for scissor lifts. You can, for instance, fit yours with tilters to decrease operator risk of falling. Alternatively, you can fit it with a turntable that can rotate as well as raise the platform.
- Budget-friendly – Scissors are the most user-friendly and economical alternative among all the alternatives. With a single vertical lift, you can service a whole warehouse. Additionally, hydraulic lifts consume almost no power, which further enhances their efficiency.
Although scissor lifts are effective for some industries, they aren’t ideal for others. Some professionals believe scissor lifts may pose a safety risk and are simply not suitable for certain types of work. To get a free rental quote, please contact Rentalex at (813)971-9990. Our rental representatives can help with any questions you may have.