The J.P. Carlton 1290 Wood Chipper is powerful and portable. The machine provides the perfect balance of capability and power for crews doing a variety of trimming operations. With its 12″ x 9″ throat opening, dual top and bottom feed rollers, and high torque feed motors, the J.P. Carlton 1290 offers the reliability that trimming crews can count everyday.
Able to withstand all the punishment customers can dish out, the 1290 features high-end design elements like concealed wiring, integrated manifold hydraulics with electronic control, sliding engine disk engagement and more.
- Belt Engagement System – Allows engine to run without disk engaged.
- Hydraulic Lift and Crush Cylinder – Aids in starting large ends and crushing.
- Digital Electronic Autofeed – Automatically starts and stops the feed of material based on engine RPM.
- Swivel Discharge quickly and easily allows the operator to fill chip trucks corner to corner, or direct the chips to a precise place on the lot.
- Locking Fuel and Hydraulic Tanks are sleekly designed to fit neatly within the confines of the frame. Locking caps prevent vandalism.
- Taillights Mounted Down, out of harms way.
- 48″ Wide Feed Chute takes the big tops, requires less trimming by the crew!
- Weight: 2930 Pounds
- Length: 132 inches
- Height: 93 inches
- Width: 67 inches
- Tires: 225/75R15 Ld Rng C 1760 # @ 50 PSI
- Axle: Dexter Torflex 5200-Pound Cap
- Brakes: Electric Available as Option
- Hitch: 8” Height Adjustable 2” Bulldog
- Fuel Capacity: 9 Gallons
- Battery: 29HVD 650 CCA
- Jack Stand: 2000 # Cap Screw Type Swing Up
- Manufacturer: Vanguard 35 HP V-Twin
- Number of Cylinders: Two
- Bore: 85.5 mm
- Stroke: 86.5 mm
- Displacement: 993cc
- Maximum RPM: 3600 RPM
- Horsepower: 35 HP
- Torque: 53 Ft Lbs
- Cooling Medium: Forced Air
- Air Cleaner: Two Stage Dry Type
- Oil Filter: Full Flow Spin On
- Oil Capacity: 2.3 Quarts
- Oil Type: Briggs
- Electrical: 12 Volt
- Gauges: None
- Clutch: Sliding Positive Lock Engagement
- Throat Opening: 12″ x 9″