The Metro has many of the features of the bigger capacity root cutting machines, including a variable speed Power Cable Feed that drives and retracts 9/16", 5/8", and 3/4" cable at up to 20 ft. per minute. The heavy-duty powder-coated steel drum holds 100 ft. of 9/16" cable for inside lines, 75 ft. of 5/8" cable for roots or 50 ft. of 3/4" cable for tough jobs. Plus, it features a unique self-aligning Flexitube™ distributor tube to reduce cable tangling. The Metro’s heavy-duty reinforced frame and drum support shaft take rough handling in the field.
The 1/3 hp capacitor motor has plenty of power to drive more than 100 ft. of cable. A passive brake system holds the machine in place on the job or in your truck. The ten-inch heavy-duty wheels and a truck loading wheel make it easier for you to transport the machine to and from the job. A cutter holder on the frame keeps all the cutters within easy reach.
- Heavy-gauge wire coiled tightly around 49-strand aircraft-type wire rope and heat treated. Has unequaled strength and the right amount of flexibility. So tough it carries a one-year warranty against defect or breakage.
- The Metro’s Power Cable Feed is a real labor saver. It enables you to vary feeding speed in and out of the line and gives you better control when working tough stoppages. Easily handles 9/16", 5/8", and 3/4" cables.
- Ten-inch heavy-duty semi-pneumatic wheels roll easily over rough terrain to and from the job. The truck loading wheel in the handle makes it easy for one person to lift the machine onto a truck bed.
- The handle is tall enough to make it easy to move to the job, yet quickly folds to take less room in your truck.
* Prices are subject to change. Tax and other fees not shown in above price estimate.