Ammann plates lead the industry in the lowest hand-arm vibration (HAV) levels. The levels are so minimal that the machines will remain in compliance with the strictest regulations for many years to come. The machine is versatile, too, through the use of key options. An optional Vulcolan mat, which can be installed without a single tool, provides quick adjustment when working with paving stones. A sprinkling system enables work on asphalt. The APF 20/50 Honda has an engine output of 3.7 kW (5 HP), the most power in the new APF lineup.
The APF 20/50 Hatz combines all the benefits of other Ammann plates with a diesel engine that makes fueling at the job site more convenient. The diesel engine provides engine power of 3.2 kW (4.3 HP) and also excels in higher altitudes.
- Generously dimensioned exciter system - A generously sized exciter unit provides the industry-leading forward movement, speed and climbing ability.
- Water sprinkling system - The tank and sprinkler are combined into a single unit that can be added or removed without any tools, or even adjustment of a single screw. The sprinklers provide comprehensive surface coverage and can be activated by simply turning the bar. The 10-litre tanks extend intervals between fillings.
- Reliable Power - The APF line is powered by reliable and efficient Honda petrol engines. The APF 20 / 50 is available with a petrol or a Hatz diesel engine, which performs well in high altitudes and enables the use of a single fuel type on many jobsites. The sturdy protection frame on all engines prevents damage during operation or transport, and ultimately extends plate life.
- Toolless mountable Vulkollan mat - This optional mat can be mounted in a few seconds, preparing the machine for work on paving stones and protecting the stones’ edges from cracking. Installation is extremely easy: The mat wraps around the foot and is secured with two hooks.
- Reduced unwanted vibration - Ammann plates lead the industry in lowest hand-arm vibration (HAV) levels. In fact, the levels are so minimal that the machines will remain in compliance with the strictest regulations for many years to come. The reduced vibration values result from the Z-buffer in the handle bar. This patented system enables long work shifts without health risk to the operator or a need for documentation. For simple transportation the handle can be folded down over the machine.
- Easy Transport - A central, easy-to-grip transport hook makes it simple to lift the plate while loading it into a vehicle or removing it from trenches. The plate is small enough to fit into a vehicle of any size.
- Highly Maneuverable - The powerful forward movement of the plates boosts productivity and enables consistent results, even on steep grades. The base plate is designed to add forward-moving efficiency. The handle and grip nearer the base plate help the operator manoeuvre the compactor in tight spaces.
- Maintenance-free exciter system- A generously sized exciter unit provides the industry-leading forward movement, speed and climbing ability. The long-lasting, optimized ball bearing unit is sealed, blocking entry of air or water and eliminating the need for service.
- Wear optimized Base Plate - The plates perform in a variety of materials, from abrasive aggregates to clays. The bottom wear plate is designed to last, with thicker protection toward the back of the plate where the most wear occurs.
- Self cleaning base plate - The design of the base plates automatically moves loose material off the plate during compaction work. This helps to keep the machine clear and prevents loose material to get stuck between machine components.