Ryan heavy duty sod cutters are user-friendly and will conquer the job no matter what size. They are portable, responsive, and adapt to a variety of soil conditions. Whether you’re cutting sod around curved landscapes, or cutting on a sod farm or sports field, a Ryan sod cutter will exceed your expectations. The Ryan Model 544944A is similar in size to the 544844 model, but it uses a different engine. This sod cutter has a 5.5-HP Honda engine.
- Good balance and easy handling – max. traction and self-propelled action
- 75% of weight rests on cast iron drive wheel
- Knob thread for superior traction and stability
- 4 vibration isolators – absorb vibration transmitted through transmission case
- Cast iron transmission housing: heavy-duty, built-to-last
- Drive wheel lever engagement – can run without cutter blade engaged
- Pneumatic rear caster wheel with lock-out – reduces turf compaction
- Depth setting adjustment
- Knife cutting action
- Speed: Up to 135 ft/min.
- Cutting Width: 12in or 18in.
- Cutting Thickness: Adjustable to 2.5in.
- Overall Size: 25in W x 53in L x 40in H
- Weight: 298lbs – 356lbs