The 1.5-ton, RD 16 roller series, features dual drum drive for maximum traction and articulated steering for extremely accurate control. Diesel powered units offer a high quality finish for asphalt applications. Outstanding overall roller performance and a high exciter frequency allows compaction at faster speeds while delivering even coverage excellent results.
- Pressurized water system offers consistent water flow. An eight-position timer allows the operator to adjust water flow to match conditions.
- Easily maneuverable units provide flush, right up to edge asphalt finish.
- Ergonomically designed operator’s platform features a fully adjustable suspension seat for maximum comfort and the sloped hood allows for excellent visibility.
- Rear platform and front hood tilt up for easy access and improved machine serviceability.
- Powered by reliable Kohler diesel engine for high performance and standard foldable ROPS for easy transport and storage.
- Operating weight w/175 lb operator: 3,351lb
- L x W x H: 76.8 x 43.4 x 100.3in
- Drum width: 39.4 in
- Drum diameter: 22in
- Side clearance Right: 1.9in
- Side clearance Left:1.9in
- Curb clearance Right: 15.7in
- Curb clearance Left: 5.7in
- Centrifugal force Dynamic/drum: 6,800lbf
- Frequency: 4,200Vpm
- Linear force Static (Front/Rear): 39.7/45.3 lb/in
- Linear force Dynamic (Front): 86.3lb/in
- Travel speed Forward: 5.8mph
- Travel speed Reverse: 5.8mph
- Surface capacity Area: 100,104ft²/h
- Gradeability Maximum: 30%
- Turning radius Outside: 117in
- Engine/Motor type:
liquid-cooled, 3-cylinder, diesel engine
- Engine/Motor manufacturer: Kohler KDW 1,003
- Displacement: 62.7in³
- RPM / speed Operating: 3,400rpm
- Operating performance Max. Rated: 22.5hp
- Fuel consumption US: 1.3gal/h
- Tank capacity Fuel US: 6.1gal
- Tank capacity Water US: 26.4gal