This compact excavator combines the performance of a conventional track excavator with the excellent maneuverability of a zero tail swing machine. When revolved, the tail does not project over the width of the tracks. Offering excellent service accessibility with the tilting operator platform, plus the comfortable and ergonomically designed operating environment improves productivity. This excavator is available in a canopy or full cab version, each with a choice of short and longer dipperstick. Cab models feature standard air conditioning. Powered by the economical Yanmar 3-cylinder diesel engine, the 38Z3 track excavator offers rubber track, dozer blade, boom mounted working light and a control pattern change system.
- Zero tail swing for working in confined spaces.
- Large operator station for easy access and operator comfort. Adjustable armrests and seat provide the operator with an ergonomic and comfortable working environment.
- Optional Vertical Digging System (VDS): It enables progressive tilting of the superstructure by to 15° to compensate for slopes up to 27%
- Unit equipped with pattern control selector valve for versatility and ease of use.
- Tiltable cabin for easy accessibility to all maintenance components.
- Shipping weight min.: 7,926 lb
- Operating weight min.: 8,300 lb
- Biting force max.: 5,240 lbf
- Breakaway force max.: 7,904 lbf
- Digging depth: 122 in
- Dumping height max.: 127 in
- Digging radius: 209 in
- L x W x H: 189 x 69 x 98 in
- Engine / Motor manufacturer: Yanmar
- Engine / Motor type: 3TNV88
- Engine / Motor:
Water-cooled 3-cylinder diesel engine
- Displacement: 100 in³
- RPM / speed: 2,400 rpm
- Engine performance acc. to ISO: 28.6 hp
- Battery: 71 Ah
- Tank capacity: 46 US qt
- Sound level (LwA) acc. to 2000/14/EC: 95 dB(A)
- Cabin – specified sound pressure level LpA acc. to ISO 6394: 77 dB(A)
- Duty pump: Double variable- & two-gear pump
- Flow rate: 31 US gpm
- Operating pressure and traction hydraulics:
- Operating pressure Slewing gear: 3,046 psi
- Hydraulic oil tank: 41 US qt
- Travel speed max.: 2.9 mph
- Gradeability: 58 %
- Chain width: 11.8 in
- Ground clearance: 11 in
- Width: 69 in
- Height: 13.6 in
- Stroke max. above ground: 15 in
- Stroke max. below ground: 17.7 in