High compaction force combined with fast forward and reverse travel means the BPU 4045 achieves great productivity. It is an all around versatile plate for all job sites that place high demands on the machine’s performance potential. Its other outstanding characteristics are high operator comfort and a long service life. It is perfectly suited for the compaction of building back-fill, and of frost and sub bases when constructing roads, paths and parking lots. The 69 Hz frequency makes the BPU 4045 suitable for all purposes and compacts even medium-weight interlocking paving stone reliably.
- Intuitive guide handle design: The operator changes the direction of travel and speed simply by moving the handle forwards and backwards.
- Infinitely variable forward and reverse operation including spot compaction for easy maneuverability. Ideal for trenches and over large areas.
- Comprehensive comfort features: e.g. low oil shut off and maintenance-free alternator.
- The large gasoline engine with its high reserve capacity ensures great efficiency and a long service life.
- The BPU 4045 is equipped with a recoil starter. Different extension plates provide a variety of operating widths.
- The particularly designed Wacker Neuson guide handle provides a hand-arm vibration of under 2,5 m/s².
- This allows for an all-day continuous operation without impairment and risk to the user.
- Operating Weight: 710 lb
- Baseplate (W x L): 17.7 x 35.4 in
- Machine Height: 28.5 in
- Working width (without extension plates): 17.7 in
- Working width (with extension plates): 24 in
- Base Plate Thickness: 0.5 in
- Centrifugal Force: 8992.4 lbf
- Vibration frequency: 69 vpm
- Advance travel (depending on soil and environmental factors): 78.7 ft/min
- Surface capacity (depending on soil and environmental factors): 9300 ft2/h
- Drive Engine: air-cooled, single-cylinder four-cycle gasoline engine
- Manufacturer: Honda
- Motor: GX 270
- Displacement: 16.5 in3
- Power output (DIN-ISO 3046 *): 6 kW 8 hp
- At 3600 1/min: 3600 rpm
- Rated power output: 4.6 kW 6.2 hp
- At 2600 1/min: 2600 rpm
- Fuel consumption: 0.42US gal/h
- Tank capacity: 5.6 US qt
- Power Transmission: From Drive engine through centrifugal clutch and V-belt directly to the exciter.